My first shipment of Gobble came in mid-February. The three meals I got were:
- Wagyu Beef Swiss Cheeseburger with Mushrooms & Truffle Aioli
- Pan-Roasted Barramundi with Yukon Potatoes and Lemon Caper Sauce
- Chicken Au Poivre with Demi-Glace & Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
I would give them all 4 out of 5 stars. I guess my favorite was the chicken. The Coriander and Black Pepper spice that you put on the chicken was amazing.
It’s the only one that I didn’t have an issue with, however small. What I didn’t like:
The burgers were delicious, but suuuuuper greasy! My stomach hurt the rest of the evening.
The fish was good, but I got really sick of the fish flavor about halfway through. It wasn’t fishy though, thank goodness. Maybe I just don’t love barramundi. This is the first time I’d had it.
But the main reason I don’t give these full stars is this:
- There’s really not much cooking involved. Even the potatoes came precooked, in a pouch. There’s no chopping either. It’s basically like warming up restaurant meals. They’re delicious, but they’re not cooking.
- Some of the dishes require you to use a microwave. I don’t have a microwave in the kitchen I cook these in.
- Some use a lot of dishes, for there being so little actual cooking involved.
- While they give you a “recipe” card, it’s nearly impossible to remake these recipes without ordering the kit from them again because some ‘ingredients” are actually precooked foods. Such as a pouch of mashed potatoes, or a pouch of beurre blanc. You can make your own, but it likely won’t taste the same.
If you are a foodie/chef type these probably aren’t for you. Unless you want to have a few nights where you don’t have to think about anything and can throw something together quickly and easily (this is the camp I fit into).
If you are someone who loves to eat interesting meals, can boil water and sauté, but doesn’t love chopping and prepping, this is for you.
I’m ordering a second week coming up soon so I’ll be interested to see how those come packaged and what is involved, I’ll report back!
Want to try it yourself?
Friends and family who signup using this link get 2 meals for two for $18
We are a participant in the Gobble Associates program an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Gobble.com. However, I do pay (full price) for the meals I get and cook.